FIRST JOB: Many people have failed to get employed simply because they failed to abide by simple rules and guidelines that should be maintained while applying for any job.
There are many things to learn, you can get connected to a higher paying job, you can as well gain much experience, which will make you even more competitive in future applications.
Below are the things to put into consideration before applying for any job.
- FIX YOUR EXPECTATION: what do you expect from your job, what exactly do you want out of it, do you want a job that will give you more time to attend to yourself, do you want to work throughout the week, do you want the advance of your payment at the beginning of the month or do you prefer to be paid fully at the end of the month. These and many more are what virtually every starter expects ad as such it should be put into consideration to avoid unnecessary exit.
- NETWORK WITH PEERS: networking with people, especially your peers has a way of opening your mind to new opportunities. This is very important also if you are still looking for Job, because through networking and interaction you will be able to let them know that you are seeking employment and as such, they can easily find you one, that is the role of connectivity.
- CONSIDER A JOB FOR EXPERIENCE: you will agree with me that your first job might not be exactly what you want, but no knowledge they say is a waste, you can actually take the work, pay attention to gain the valuable experience that is attached to it, it will definitely be important later.
- WRITE A RESUME: this is said to be the best way to promote yourself, writing a resume for a particular position means telling the employee more about what you can contribute to the company, which in turn explains to them in detail why they should consider you for that particular position.
- CARRYOUT A RESEARCH FOR THE JOB: networking with a little bit of research will go a long way to help you secure the job and also no what the job is all about, so why networking, also do proper research about the job.