Watermelon is indeed a very delicious and refreshing fruit, that is rich In vitamins and many healthy plant compounds. In this post, we will be discussing about the Health Benefits of Watermelon fruit as we did on health benefits of kolanut
Below are the health benefits of Watermelon Fruit
- Helps in hydration:
It is no doubt that drinking water is one of the easiest ways to keep the body hydrated, the same thing applies to eat foods that have very big water content. Just like cucumber, watermelon contains 92 percent of water. this is why water melon is very essential when it comes to body hydration.
- IT CONTAINS NUTRIENTS AND BENEFICIAL PLANT COMPOUNDS:
Watermelon is rich in so many nutrients and plant compounds as well, it is the lowest in calories, ( only 46 calories per cup,154grams). it also contains vitamins such as Vit A, Vit C, Vit B1, B5 and B6, Magnesium, and potassium. It also contains Citrulline, a very important amino acid. Watermelon is made up of Cucurbitacin E, which is a very important plant compound with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- CONTAINS COMPOUNDS THAT MAY HELP PREVENT CANCER: the Lycopene content of watermelon gives it the aid to help reduce the risk of cancer. This particular content reduces the risk of cancer by lowering insulin-like growth factor(IGF), the Cucurbitacin E contained in it has been investigated for its ability to kill tumor growth in the body.
- MAY IMPROVE HEART HEALTH: this is the number one cause of death worldwide. There are many nutrients in this particular fruit that helps reduce the risk of heart disease. Watermelon contains a particular nutrient called Lycopene which helps to prevent oxidative damage to cholesterol, lycopene also reduces the stiffness and thickness of artery walls.
- MAY LOWER INFLAMMATION AND OXIDATIVE STRESS: it is obvious that inflammation is the facilitator of many chronic diseases, watermelon helps reduce and lower the risk of inflammation because it contains anti-inflammatory antioxidant lycopene and vitamin C, there are lots of nutrients contained in watermelon, but this particular one Lycopene is like the overall because it does virtually everything. It also benefits brain health, which helps delay the onset and progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Other health benefits of watermelon includes,
- Preventing muscular degeneration
- Relief muscle soreness
- Good for skin and hair
- Improve digestion