Lets Start with how to Join the Nigerian Army As A Graduate.
When it comes to joining the Nigerian Army as an graduate, it’s also the same thing with joining the Nigerian Army through DSSC which means Direct Short Service Commission or the SSC which also means Short Service Combatant commission. It’s a 6 months program or training designed by the Nigerian Army to take in some combatant and able men who finished from The Higher institutions either University or Polytechnic. You need to possess BSC or HND.
Also Note that there is difference between DSSC and SSC in the Nigerian Army. You can read about it HERE
Before you Dream of Entering the Army as a graduate, there are some requirements which you are supposed to posses before you can be able to join.
Below are the requirements needed before you can join The Nigerian Army as a Graduate.
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- You must be between the Age of 22 and 28 Years.
- Be medically and physically fit.
- Mesure not less than 1.68m(Male),1.65m(female)
- Must not have been convicted by any Court of Law,.
- Posseses a minimum of first of not less than second class lower division from a recognized university or HND from a recognized polytechnic and not less than lower credit.
- Apllicant Less Serving members of the Armed Forces must have completed their NYSC Scheme or provide a letter of exemption.
- Posseses valid birth certificate endorsed by A hospital Court or National population commission.
- Posseses a certificate of State of Origin.
- You must be recommended by at least two recognized referees who must attest to the applicants character and Integrity. To Apply for Nigerian Dssc, visit www.recruitment.army.mil.ng Then Click on DSSC or SSC.
Now lets talk about Joining the Nigerian Army with SSCE.
To join the Nigerian Army with SSCE is in two Categories which am going to explain in details Now.
Its either you Join the Nigerian Army Recruitment or You Join the Nigerian Defence Academy.
Joining The Nigerian Army Recruit.
The Nigerian Army Recruits Is For those Those who wants to be Non Commissioned Officers In the Nigerian Army. Their Training takes a period of six months before they graduate and becomes soldiers in the Nigerian Army.
Before you join the Nigerian Army Recruit, There are some requirements you need to meet. You can read about the Nigerian Army Recruitment requirements using the link Below
To Apply for the recruitment,visit the Nigerian Army Recruitment Portal recruitment.army.mil.ng
Lastly is Joining the Nigerian Army Through the Nigerian Defence Academy. Those who Join the Nigerian Army through the Nigerian Defence Academy are the ones who spend 5 years in the academy doing both academic and military training. Those who went to the Nigerian Defence Academy are superior to those who join through the Nigerian Army Recruit and the Nigerian Army DSSC or SSC.
To Join the The Nigerian Defence Academy, You need to make sure you meet up their requirements.
You can read about Nigerian Defence Academy Application Requirements and Method HERE
To apply for the Nigerian Defence Academy, Visit the Nigerian Defence Academy Application website https://rcapplications.nda.edu.ng/