Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) Ranks And Salary Structure
Many people cannot differentiate between the prison Officers. They keep on asking about their Ranks and How much a Prison Officer is paid in a month as Salary.
Welcome to Jobmademen. Here we explain things to your understanding so that you can be able to understand it in details.
For those who don’t know The Nigerian Prison Service ,I will start by explaining what Nigerian Prison Service mean.
The Nigerian Prison Service are The Security Officials who works in the Nigerian Prisons. They have their own ranks just like any other para military in Nigeria.
I have made a post about the Highest Paid Paramilitary in Nigeria which they are one of the Paramilitary who made the List
They are the ones who produce suspects in courts as and when due for an appearance in the court.
They are the ones who are to identify the causes of convicts’ anti-social dispositions.
They are the ones who set in motion mechanisms for convicts treatment and training for eventual reintegration into society as normal law-abiding citizens on discharge.
They are also the ones who establish and administer Prisons Farms and Industries for the purpose of retraining convicts and in the process generate revenue for the Federal government of Nigeria.
In this post we will only be talking about their Ranks and Salary Structure.
Let’s start with their Ranks.
Nigerian Prison Service Ranks
The Nigerian Prison Service Workers is divided into three three major ranks which includes
1. Superintendent (Category A
2. Inspectorate (Category B)
3. Assistant (Category C)
Below is the ranks of all Category A officers from the highest rank to the lowest rank
• Controller-General of Prisons Which is also called (CG)
• Superintendent of Prison I also called (SP I)
• Superintendent of Prison II also called (SP II)
• Deputy Superintendent also called (DSP)
• Assistant Superintendent I also called (ASP I)
• Assistant Superintendent II also called (ASP II)
Below is the ranks of all Category B officers from the highest rank to the lowest rank.
• Senior Inspector also called (SI)
• Inspector of Prison also called (IP)
• Assistant Inspector of Prison also called (AIP)
Below is the ranks of all Category C officers from the highest rank to the lowest rank.
• Prison Assistant I also called (PA I)
• Prison Assistant II also called (PA II)
• Prison Assistant III also called (PA III)
Let’s go down to the Salary Structure.
Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) Salary Structure
The Estimated Salary of a Nigerian Prison Service NPS Officers is from ₦900,000-₦1,100,000 annually which is not less than ₦50,000 monthly depending on your ranks.
We will still update you how much each ranks are paid once we confirm from our source.