Ranks in the Nigerian Navy And Their Salaries. Just like the ranks in the Nigerian Army, the Ranks in the Nigerian Navy is divided into two Categories. The Nigerian Navy Ranks is similar to the Ranks of the Nigerian Army And the Nigerian Air force. They are all members of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
The Ranks in the Nigerian Navy is Divided into two.The Commissioned Officers and the Non Commissioned Officers.
The Nigerian Navy Commissioned Officers
The Nigerian Navy Commissioned Officers are those Officers that joined the Nigerian Navy as a Graduate or those who joined the Nigerian Navy through the Nigerian Defence Academy. Those who joined the Nigerian Navy as a graduate joined through the program called the Nigerian Navy DSSC which means Direct Short Service Commission. They spend the period of six months in the Military Training before they are Commissioned into the Nigerian Navy. Those who joined through the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) spend the period of 5 Years in the Academy receiving Both Academic and Military Training. They are call regular officers.
The Nigerian Navy Non Commissioned Officers
The Nigerian Navy Non Commissioned Officers are those Officers who joined the Nigerian Navy Recruitment with SSCE. They spend an period of Six months during their training before they become soldiers in the Nigerian Navy.
Let’s now go down to the Ranks in the Nigerian Navy and their Salaries.
Ranks in the Nigerian Navy and their Salaries
- Admiral N1,728,293 monthly
- Vice-Admiral N1,496,491 as monthly
- Rear Admiral N1,376,353 as monthly
- Commodore N744,556 monthly salary
- Captain Commander N459,054 monthly
- Lieutenant Commander N293,454 as monthly
- Sub-Lieutenant N219,450 monthly
- Midshipman N188,189 monthly
NON COMMISSIONED OFFICERS
- Warrant Chief Petty Officer N165,657
- Chief Petty Officer N101,574 monthly
- Petty Officer N75,251 monthly
- Leading Rating N68,654 monthly
- Able Rating N60,852 monthly
- Ordinary Rating N53,852 monthly
- Trainee N10,227 monthly