Requirements for admission to Ahmadu Bello University in 2021. So you perhaps must have written jamb this year and probably want to apply to Ahmadu Bello University. Stay relaxed; this article contains all of this information.
General requirements of Ahmadu Bello University
- Applicants must carry a minimum of 5 credit points in the relevant subjects which must include English and mathematics in GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved accreditation in no more than 2 places.
- Applicants with a Grade (TC II) with a credit score or qualifying standards in terms of a credit pass in the relevant GCE, WSCE, SSCE, NECO
- The JAMB fixed cut mark for ABU Zaria is 180.
Ahmadu Bello University requirements for certain subjects
- Economics: Level Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Economics and any (1) Mathematics, Statistics, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Accounting, Business Management, History, and Government.
- Mass Communication: Two (2) level of ‘A’ passes and one (1) in Arts and Social Science subjects which should be Government, Sociology, Economics or Commerce.
- Political Science: The third level (3) ‘A’ / IJMB passes from any of the following topics: Government, History, Sociology, Economics, Geography.
- Sociology: ABU accepts two (2) levels of ‘A’ / IJMBs which must include Sociology or Government / History and any other subject.
- Computer Science: Applicant musr have at least two A Level passes in mathematics and any other science subjects. NCE merit in Mathematics and one (1) Science or Social Science subject.
- Microbiology: Two (2) level ‘A’ passes in Chemistry and any (1) from Biology, Zoology or Botany.
- Mathematics: ‘A’ level passes or either NCE Mathematics and any Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography Geology and Computer Science.
- Textile Science and Technology: ABU accepts the passing of ‘A’ level in Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics.
- Mathematics: level ‘A’ / IJMB exceeds either NCE Mathematics / Mathematics in any Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography, and Geology.
- Geology: Two (2) level ‘A’ passes from Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, and Geography.
- Biochemistry: Two (2) ‘A’ level passes and fields are selected in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Biology.
- Veterinary Doctor: Three (3) level ‘A’ passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Pharmacy: Applicants must have three A level passes in Chemistry, Biology Zoology, and Physics or Mathematics.
- Nursing / Nursing Science: Applicants must have at least two A level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Civil Law: ABU accepts two A Level or IJMB Passes in Social Science subjects including literature in English.
- Fine Art: ‘A’ / IJMB passes in Fine Arts and another subject. NCE merit in fine arts.
- Industrial Design: NCE Double Major in Art and ND / HND credit in relevant programs. The ‘A’ / IJMB standard includes Chemistry, as well as any Physics and Mathematic.
- Urban and Regional Planning: ‘A’ / IJMB standard including Geography and another Economics / Mathematics.
- Architecture: Applicants must have two ‘A’ / IJMB levels which should include Mathematics and Physics, Chemistry, Geography, or Fine Arts.
- Metallurgical Engineering: Applicants must have two A level passes in science subject but must include mathematics.
- Mechanical Engineering: Applicants must have two A level or IJMB passes in any 5 science subject including mathematics.
- Electrical Engineering: ‘A’ / IJMB passes in Mathematics and Physics.
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering: The standard include passes in biology and any other science subject.
- Organizational Engineering: ABU Zaria accepts: ‘A’ / IJMB pass in Physics and Mathematics.
ABU Zaria cut off marks for 2021 is 180.However, some courses are more competitive than others, and this means that UTME / Direct Entry candidates who want to enter these courses need to earn more than 200 points to ensure they are safe to enter these courses.
Those wishing to enter Mass Communication, Law, Pharmacy, Anatomy, and Physiology are expected to earn 200 at JAMB.
Applicants wishing to enter Computer Science, English Language, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Geology, and all engineering subjects other than Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering should not have anything less than 190 at JAMB.
What courses does Ahmadu Bello University offer?
The university offers the following courses:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Extension and Management
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Arabic Studies
- Automotive Engineering
- Natural Sciences
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Legal Act
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Dental Surgery and Dental Surgery
- Education and Arabic
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Community Studies
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Christian Theology
- Educational and Computer Science
- Education and Geography
- Education and Hausa
- Integrated Education and Science
- Islamic Education and Training
- Arts and Education Arts
- Education Management and Planning
- Electrical Engineering
- English language
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Glass Technology
- Guidance and Counseling
- Local Economics and Education
- Human Kinetics
- Industrial Design
- International Studies
- Islamic / Sharia law
- Land Survey
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science Medicine and Surgical Metallurgical Engineering
- Nursing Science / Nursing
- Physical Education & Health
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Fabric Science and Technology; Theater and performing arts; Radiography
- Town and Regional Planning
- Animal Medicine
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
If this is your university of choice, then you have made the right choice.
Wish you the best as you pursue your higher education.
Read more about other Univesities Requirments HERE
You can also visit the School Website www.abu.edu.ng